DESIGNING FOR INTERACTION

1. What kind of interaction would the video require from your students? Does it force them to respond in some way (inherent)?

First of all, we searched for a lot of videos about COVID-19. This video is what I think best suits my needs because it not only tells us how the virus spreads in our daily life but also tells us how to prevent it. The video requires students to imitate to learn how to prevent viruses and force them to learn and use these methods.

2. In what way are they likely to respond to the video on their own, e.g. make notes, do an activity, think about the topic (learner-generated)?
Students will learn the content of the video and use it in life, such as wearing masks at any time and using soap to wash their hands because they know that soap can help them eliminate the virus. At the same time, they keep social distance even if they can’t hug or shake hands. They will also know to stay at home as much as possible without increasing the workload of doctors, nurses, and police. If isolation is needed, respect is needed. When they do these things, they learn to protect themselves.

3. How much work for you would that activity cause? Would the work be both manageable and worthwhile?    Could the activity be scaled for larger numbers of students?
This activity will bring me a certain amount of work, but I think it is worth it. If I teach one more person how to protect himself, I may be able to protect more people. If I teach my students, my students can tell their parents, brothers, and sisters, so that more and more students will know how to spread the virus and how to protect themselves. In fact, it’s not a problem for one or two people, but for the whole society. If everyone can take the virus seriously and learn to protect themselves, then the virus will be defeated by everyone.

4. How will you address any potential barriers for your learners in the use of this video to ensure an inclusive design?
In this video, the only disadvantage is that some words are too academic for many people to understand what they mean. However, this video uses simple pictures and cute animations to solve this problem. Some don’t know the vocabulary. Many people will understand what these words mean and what they represent when they see pictures and animations.

Comment on peer’s writing:

https://yoyoiris.opened.ca/

I chose the same question and topic as you, but our two methods are not the same. I think your video is very useful. I can combine your video with my video content, and then teach them to the students. Because my video is more early, and your video is later, so we can combine our ideas, so I think the effect will be better. It is also easy for students to understand how the virus spreads and how to protect themselves.